Monday, October 11, 2010

Just got my blogging visa

Never blogged, never cared, but I made a promise I intend to keep.

I spent the last year meandering the better part of southern Asia, and during my tenure in the orient, I sent numerous e-mails home to my friends and family.  "The best yar of my life" I somehow kept saying.  I swear to god I have never been so free in my life.  Pure uninhibitied youth and joy flowed from my smile and into my handshakes and words.  I thought my e-mails were rambles of what I couldn't explain.

When I returned home to the U.S. my father almost cried when he told me how proud he was of me.  My heart was already full with the memories and bonds I had made overseas, but he somehow managed to make it overflow.  He said my e-mails were the biggest window into my life he has ever known and begged me for more.  He made me promise to write everday (or pretty close to it) and to nuture the "gift." (*his words not mine).  So I started a blog.

I'm not going to attempt in a direction.  I will not aim to please.  I am writing because I gave my father my word.  Now here are mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment